Established in Nuremberg in 1855, the company initially produced pencils, amplifying its range later with arc lamp carbons. In the beginning of the last century, the production was diversified into artificial carbon and electric graphite.

Today, Graphite Cova is a supplier of graphite electrodes, coating for graphite electrodes and special carbon and graphite products applied in almost every industrial area.

All activities are concentrated in one group of companies which the following firms are part of:
  • Graphite Cova GmbH
  • Bavaria Electrodes GmbH
  • Bavaria Carbon Specialities GmbH
  • Bavaria Carbon Holdings GmbH.